[fruityloops] Re: hardware timing

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 28 Jan 2003 09:13:06 +0000

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 09:00, Robert Suarez wrote:
> andy...a question....

hehe, honest, I'm not the only person on this list that answers
questions ;-).

> how is the timing of the sequencer with hardware synth
> or sampler...is it difficult to set this up.

It depends on how good your sound card drivers are.  If you have bad
sound card drivers then MIDI timing can be effected as fruity uses the
sound card as its time base.

When fruity is playing a loop, if you watch the progress slider
(underneath play and stop), if this scrolls smoothly, you should get
good MIDI timing.  If it moves in jerks or jumps, then you need to
change your sound card and/or sound card drivers in order to get decent
MIDI timing.

I had problems until I ditched my SBLive (particularly with the kx
project drivers), but now it works a treat with the Audiophile.

Setting up MIDI gear with fruity is not hard when you know how - but it
isn't obvious, so be sure to read the help file and the fruityloops
website first.

> can you play diced loops like rex player...thanks for
> your help.

I've heard or rex files but I have never used them.  Perhaps someone
else could help with this?

thanks,

Andy