[fruityloops] Re: Using a keyboard with fruity ?

  • From: "Gwydion Elderwyn" <Gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:45:54 +1000

> I have connected it via the joystick port with a midi cable but can't work
> out how to set it up internally? Help me please???????

In Fruity, hit F10 (Options->Midi) and make sure that your Midi port is
selected where it says "Remote Control Input".  Close the options window.

Then try pressing a key on your midi keyboard.  You should see the 'Midi'
light next to the Fruity master volume and pitch controls come on, and go
out when you release the key.  If this happens, Fruity is ready to go.

If not, check that your midi cables are not reversed (ie, keyboard
out->computer out instead of keyboard out->computer in).

If that still doesn't work, I'd suspect you either have a faulty keyboard or
faulty midi interface.

G.