[fruityloops] Re: Slide

  • From: "xk" <xk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:28:31 +0200

> Sorry, I assumed we were talking about the step sequencer here.  I've not
> used the slide in the piano roll before.  Can anyone explain how it works?

When I thought I knew everything about you, you surprise me with such a
question!

Look in the help file in the "Piano Roll" folder, the first topic.

Here it is, for your convenience, but you should look in the help, it has
pretty pictures!

=======

In the Piano Roll you can make group of notes slide gradually from one pitch
to another. For this purpose, you draw special slide events, which "tell"
FruityLoops how notes should be slid. Slides look exactly as note events,
but they have a small white rectangle drawn in their left side (8). To draw
slides, click the slide toggle button (11). Then you can click it again to
draw note events. Note that slides do NOT produce a sound themselves
(although they preview when created/moved). Instead they make existing notes
slide. When you draw a slide event, FruityLoops will start sliding existing
notes towards pitch where the slide is positioned. If several notes are slid
simultaneously, the topmost is taken as a reference for the pitch offset
(see picture below). At the end of the slide event, all notes are slid, so
the topmost note has the pitch of the slide event. After the slide event
ends, notes still remain offset from their original pitch.

Note that the slide events have all usual properties of a note - velocity
(note volume), panning, cutoff and resonance, so during pitch sliding, it
also "slides" all properties from those of the playing notes to those of the
slide.