[fruityloops] Re: Rendering?

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:15:34 +0100

I tend to use less CPU intensive settings for rendering until I am fairly
happy with the mix, then I switch to the most CPU intensive settings (which
hopefully produce the best settings, although I haven't done any listening
tests) for the final render.

I have switched away from using fruity to convert to mp3, instead I save the
mix to a wav file and load it up in cool edit.  This enables me to see if I
am making best use of the dynamic range available, and tweak things if
needed.  I also add half a seconds silence to the start of the wav file at
this stage as some mp3 encoders seem to botch the first frame or so; if you
track starts right at the start of the wave, it can get the beginning
chopped off.  I notice this on some of the tracks that I have downloaded
from sectionz.

Finally, I use WinLame to encode to mp3 on the best quality setting.
WinLame also has a lot more options to choose from, plus it can also produce
ogg files if you like that sort of thing :-).

Andy