[fruityloops] Midi problems

  • From: "TONY R" <taar44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:49:30 -0500

Hello all. I need some help figuring out how to make my roland keyboard
function correctly with fruity. The keyboard is connected to the computer
through the gameport on the soundcard. Surprisingly enough, latency does not
seem to be a problem even though i am using a $7 soundcard. My problem
starts when i try to change presets on my keyboard. For example, i open up a
FL file that contains 6 channels. I then open up a midi out channel so that
i can play sounds from my keyboard. I then change the sound on my keyboard
from say "grand piano" to "lead bass" and to my surprise, fruity also
changes channels on me. So lets say "CC Kick" is below my "midi out"
channel, when i change presets on the keyboard, fruity moves from "midi out"
to "CC kick". When i then strike a key on my keyboard, instead of hearing a
"lead bass", all i hear is a kick sound. How do i stop fruity from moving
from the "midi out" channel?
  My current settings are :

Remote control input: My soundcard
Master sync output: None
Remote control: Generic controller
Output port mapping: midi mapper

Also, i have check marks next to "Enable midi remote control", "Enable midi
Output" and "Enable midi master sync".

My eventual aim is to be able to play sounds from my keyboard and record
them into a channel in fruity so that in combination with other channels
from VSTIs, i can create a complete song. Thanks.