[fruityloops] Midi controler

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:32:43 +0100

Hi all

I have finally bought a midi controller keyboard but am having a major
headache trying to get the thing to work.

Just a few questions really

Do I need drivers ?
I have connected the keyboard (Roland ed pc-160A) via the joystick port on
my soundblaster in case you need to know ?!?

How does a keyboard work with fruity ?
can I set it up so that I can play the internal synths ?
Do I have to set up my PC to receive / send midi specifically or will it
recognise it automatically ???

As much help as possible please people as I have read the manual on the
fruity home page and it doesn't make it sound that easy ?? please try to use
common words rarther than trying to make it all sound flash

Cheers
Jimmi

PS I didn't think it was going to be this difficult and I am starting to
think I shouldn't have bothered so please be patent. :)