[Frink66] Re: Fiffty f2kin years!

  • From: Alan Harris <harrisaw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: frink66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 20:08:07 -0700

Thanks for that. I particularly like the quote, "Menzio said that a 'broken system that does not collect information efficiently,' should not be triggered by 'people who may be completely clueless'."

For those of you who may not know, I have even published a paper on 9/11, the TSA, and responses to terrorism, http://www.csicop.org/si/show/skeptical_look_at_september_11th. We published this on the first anniversary of 9/11, and it drew the biggest reader response the magazine had ever seen, much of it would have to be called hate mail, even threatening. Their readers have mellowed quite a bit since then, but the nonsense continues, unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing you all in only ten days. Don't try to bring your old slide rule with you, that would almost certainly trigger a security episode.

Alan

On 5/8/2016 3:57 PM, S W Galley wrote:

No doubt I am not the first one to think about this, but if you fly toward Pasadena in the near future, please be careful not to exhibit your differential equations, or other naughty bits, in public! I don't want you to be delayed on the way to the festivities!

www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0508/Differential-equation-prompts-economist-s-removal-from-flight <http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0508/Differential-equation-prompts-economist-s-removal-from-flight>

--
Alan Harris              harrisaw@xxxxxxx
4603 Orange Knoll Ave.   818-790-8291