[frgeek-michiana] Re: moving rivet(apache1) to tcl(apache2)

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:54:16 -0400

If the compiler can't find the files/directories:

~ some libraries might be unpacked in the wrong place;
~ a PATH or LIB setting in ./configure might be missing or set incorrectly;
~ new shared libraries have not been added to the LIB environmental path
with ldconfig.

You/we can always run two instances of Apache on different ports: Apache 1
for Rivet 1.0 and Apache 2 for everything else.

Early last year there was just one Rivet maintainer. Now there are 4-5
developers working on the spec for Rivet 2. Rivet 1 was frozen for Apache
1.3.x. The developers agreed to start Rivet 2 for Apache 2 at the current
Rivet 1 spec. They are coding, finding problems and discussing solutions,
but it is too early for them to set a deadline to release Rivet 2.

There appears to be a revival of Tcl/Tk. Tcl is newly appreciated for its
multi-threading interpreter -- think multi-core CPUs and parallel
processing. Also, a new book is coming out in October: "Tcl and Tk
Programming for the Absolute Beginner" by Kurt Wall.

http://www.amazon.ca/Tcl-Tk-Programming-Absolute-Beginner/dp/1598634380/ref=
sr_1_10/701-0319554-4627569?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191872722&sr=1-10

None of this affects your immediate problem but help is on the way
eventually.