[frgeek-michiana] Re: Western Digital Ships 2-TB Desktop Drive - Technology News by ExtremeTech

  • From: mike@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:27:07 -0500 (CDT)

Very nice cache size...64mb.  However Seagate has a 5900 rpm 32mb cache
drive for desktops that's $200 at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=seagate+2tb&x=0&y=0

Less cache, faster spindle speed, $100 less....I'll buy the Seagate for
now.  It's great to see these things finally coming down in price!

       Mike