[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report Tuesday 11/06/07

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:45:18 -0500

NUKE ALERT!!!

The reason why our benefactor was so gun ho to get our stuff off the floor and build the racks? The have a nuke contract coming in. The 400 ft hoses this time!

For those who are not familiar with nuke rules, it is real simple:
1. The warehouse floor stays SPOTLESS! Absolutely nothing on the floors, in front of the racks, etc. The hoses stretch the entire length of the warehouse. When this happens they have to use the alternate forklift door. This requires the space in front of our office to be spotless.

2. Avoid the nuke hoses like the bubonic plaque!!!

3. In all reality, they don't even want us in (or working) the warehouse area, period.

When they do nuke hoses it is serious stuff. This is the perfect time to work in the office and get it all cleaned up.

BTW, it looks awesome out there now. Kevin snapped a few photos to post later. We got a lot of rack space out of it! If my memory is serving right, 36 slots! I guess we will label it the South wall. I don't know if they planned to expand the East wall to hold the stuff from the far end of the warehouse or not.

Bathroom progress. I got the women's bathroom cleaned out and I committed us to having the mens bathroom accessible tonight for them to turn on the water Friday. The men's bathroom really just needs to be reorganized. Pull everything out so we can open the stall door, restack everything neatly in the stall against the wall. That should make our benefactor happy!

Servers. I got the Debian/gnucash server installed, it went as planned. The Vector-LTSP server decided to suffer a motherboard nic failure apparently. After fighting with that most of the evening I had everything working. I'll be cold booting everything tonight to see if all the fixes held.

All the remains on the server issue is to config port 222 to access the server remotely and config the firewall to match. Of course, make backups... Setup the kvm switch, etc but that is low priority verse getting the bathrooms ready for use.

The issues that now needs to be addressed.

Where is everything?

Where to store demanned materials? There is no space in the building to store metal / plastic etc that I am aware of right now.

I am definitely going to be there tonight barring no major problems....

Goose