[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report 6/09/09

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:54:22 -0400

I also got the Xerox copier working. Don't ask what I did, I'm not entirely sure, I just messed with the sorting tray, the machine finally recognized it, and it copies; not entirely well, so the glass plate may need cleaning or the cartridges replaced, which we have in the bottom of the machine. I also had found the missing main paper tray. So the question now is what to do with the thing since it does work? Do we want to keep it (it does take up quite a bit of space), sell it on ebay, or just take it to the Goodwill/Dell Reconnect program? Either way, I'd like to move it out of the way in the server room because of the space it does take up.

Does the Xerox copier have an Ethernet port? If it does, we might want to keep it long enough to test the port. It could be useful for a lab/office. otoh, network printing/copying on this machine may be Microsoft-centric.