[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 10/31/2007

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:14:45 -0500

The test modems are either at the lab or at Mike's house.

Tom

Richard Zimmerman wrote:
Tom Brown wrote:

Figures, an awesome night and I'm stuck at work dealing with virus issues... I had a lengthly reply documenting the event and the LinuxBIOS but a connection crash (vnc through ssh) killed an hours worth of work... :(

Forest and I delivered two gaylords of our plastic to another recycler. We lose the gaylord/skids and must replace them, but get rid of plastic at no further cost.

   Not free but I'll take it considering what our alternatives were....

:: FreeBox Count for Perley and Modems

I counted 24 completed FreeBoxes in our inventory at one point last night. I think Mike and Forest added 3 more later. We are about half way to the 60 units needed for the Perley School project.

If it helps the cause I'll start hauling boxes home and load / debug them when I've got spare time.

VL 5.9-beta2 has been released. I don't know whether this release will remain in the VL 5.x tree or morph into VL 6.0. VL 5.x is based on Slack 11. VL 5.9-beta2 is based on Slack 12. Once we know what the final release version will be - I think VL 6 - we need to decide whether to upgrade the 24+ FreeBoxes set aside for Perley to the new VL Standard Edition.

http://www.vectorlinux.com/article.php?sid=27

Wow. There are some significant changes there. I'd hate to hold up the release to Perley but it just might be worth the wait. I'll be sure to download and take a look at it with the dialup modem issue in mind.

   BTW, are those test modem we bought to try out still at the Sally lab?

:: Data Center Pickup

The network admin from the data center picked up the ATX mid-tower cases and the server cases. He gave me cash for the server racks and the cases.

   Time to get the next ones done :)

:: Bathrooms

As soon as we empty the stored material in the bathrooms in our offices, the plumbing will be restored. We should start with the women's room because there is a men's room available elsewhere in the plant, but no women's room anywhere but our office.

This is a priority. The lease holder, our benefactor, asked me to clear out the women's bathroom. He has a female employee who is tiring of sharing a bathroom with the men in the plant.

That is the bathroom closest to the warehouse, right? We can restack the servers into the racks temporarily, that huge copier is another story... Yes I have a release to start exercising and lifting stuff (Yes!) but with care, not too much twisting, etc.

:: New Rack Space Coming

Expect new rack space soon. Also expect to do a lot more deman work when it happens. The project to add rack space by our office will resurrect in about 3 weeks. Our warehouse benefactor needs more manufacturing and storage space for a new hose and fittings contract and wants to clear our gaylords from the rack space at the other end of the warehouse. They can't move our material until new rack space is erected.

   We talking about the East wall?

*** On another subject ***

Debian server (gnucash, etc) Should have that server there ready to install Thursday night. I'm going to nic it tonight and re-config it as the gateway box. I will have ssh running on port 222 ready for you (Tom) to punch port 222 through to it.

   Richard

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. **
PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.