[frgeek-michiana] Re: Tuesday night + Laptop

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:48:51 -0500

Good timing... I successfully screwed it over trying to upgrade from 'stable' to 'testing'. If it weren't for fact I know ZERO about Slackware or Gentoo, I'd try installing one of them... I want to play on a genie pig first with them.

As for the laptop. I'm burning a new 'Debian 3.0r1a STABLE' cd as my other is at home... I'm going to install backports.org on it once I've got the base system installed so I can up the kernel to where I need it to support the USB Flash drive. Of course I get ti figure it all out again... <grrrrrr>

So, since you've made the request, not a problem, I'll do it.

Funny this happened this way... I need to install a usb controller in our primary Linux box so I can backup the 'backup drive' to an external USB HD to get backups out of the building again... At least I'm learning all of this on a NON production machine <whew!>

I'll be there, don't imagine the laptop will be.

Once I'm over this hump and have the usb drive working (and the laptop re setup) then I'll be ready to start banging on FGM code.

Goose

Tom Brown wrote:

If you have time to write up the process of getting things to work on the laptop, I'll edit it and put the article on the FGM web site as a white paper. Or, I'll put it on MichianaGeeks.net. Or both.

Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru
K&B Transport, Inc. - Elkhart, IN
(574) 389-1986 (574) 389-8527 Fax
(800) 548-2718 (574) 850-5764 Cell

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>