[frgeek-michiana] Re: Thursday warehouse agenda

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:47:30 -0500

So the checklist looks good except for the hard drive spec. 4GB is the
absolute minimum to load VL 5.8 Standard. Users would be better off with 6GB
or larger. At 4GB, we should probably should add a second drive and map it
to /home -- which is, of course, a pain in the arse as the Brits say.

We could use any HP Laserjet or inkjet to test FreeBoxes. There are some
5L's out in the warehouse on a pallet, and we have a known good 5L connected
to the server at the lab.