[frgeek-michiana] Re: Thursday warehouse agenda

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:24:38 -0500

Kevin:

My bad. Below is the checklist. Comments are welcome. I sent you and Goose a copy of the checklist in OpenOffice format -- no need to clog up everybody's email with the form.

Final Inspection

System ID: ____________________________

* 450 Mhz (or greater) cpu confirmed
* 128-256 MB memory confirmed
* 4 GB or greater hard drive confirmed
* root login tested
* guest login tested
* 800x600 video res. at 24-bit color confirmed
* cdrom drive automounts and reads test CD
* modem tested if present
* sound card tested with speakers
* network interface present and tested
* CUPS tested with HP 5L laser printer
* floppy drive automounts and reads/writes to test floppy
* system components have been scrubbed with soap and water
* component IDs are legible

Inspector: _______________________________

Tom

Kevin Yendes wrote:
Tom:  I would prefer for Forest to handle the forklift truck I am not
comfortable with using the truck myself and 1 more body wouldn't hurt
either. I will try to get a couple of power strips for the Perley project. I
do not have the quality control list that you mentioned on your email.

Kevin

On Nov 28, 2007 12:08 PM, Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Goose and Kevin:

1. Find a gaylord of good monitors and move it to the floor against the
wall of our offices.

2. Find the gaylord of Perley FreeBoxes and move it to the floor next to
the good monitors.

3. Match components and complete final quality check.

4. When the quality check is complete on a system, mark the components
as a set so we can assemble the sets at Perley on Dec. 11. Use permanent
markers as Kevin suggested. Store the completed sets inside our office,
possibly in one of the bathrooms.

5. I can use the power distribution devices at the warehouse for the
Dec. 11 class unless someone wants to take the time to buy 3-4 power
strips for use in classes. Let me know so I can bring the checkbook to
reimburse.

:: Miscellaneous

If neither of you is comfortable using a forklift, you may want to
enlist Forrest's help. He is good with forklifts. I will come to the
warehouse after my daughter's performance to help.

We'll clean the components after they've been quality checked. If we run
out of time or volunteers, I would rather give recipients functioning
FreeBox systems rather than clean ones which haven't been tested.

Drop work on all other projects at the warehouse and concentrate on
getting 8-9 complete systems checked out and cleaned.

Tonight, I'll email the quality check lists we used on previous
FreeBoxes to the list and to Goose and Kevin privately. Let me know if
they need revision.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it
to be in the public domain.

The archive is available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list
website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana