[frgeek-michiana] Re: Thursday 10/12/06 Warehouse report

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:07:06 -0500

3) Best estimate is the hoses will be out of the way next Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

4) HP5s sell for around $200 (refurbished) locally with 30-90 day warranty.

5) The volunteer would likely be Janice.

As Ren and Stimpy said, "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!" We did not lose money on the recent shipment (4 skids) to our new recycling vendor. I think John is waiting for a detailed accounting to make his report.

Tom

At 10:05 AM 10/13/06, you wrote:
1) Servers
Per Tom's ok, scripts were setup to update the repository once per week starting at 1am on Saturday morning
Other scripts were configured to update the time on the servers to keep them in sync
Smartmontools was setup on both servers
Still need to find a WORKING ups for the servers

2) Color laser printers
We have a WORKING one! Turns out the waste toner bottle needed to be emptied! It's saying it's got 4 FULL cartridges! It's a Brother HL-2400Ce. I'd imagine that this one is destined for the classroom. BTW, S-U-P-E-R quiet! I was surprised how quiet it is...

The HP Laserjet 4500DN has a bad fuser unit. (50.4 error; not recoverable)
The HP Laserjet 4500N counts memory then freezes. (Will swap host cards and see if it comes to life. Maybe swap fuser unit to the 4500DN to get it working.

3) We were not able to inventory the gaylords as nuke hoses were on the floor last night

4) Laser printers:
Okidata OL810e - Works, could use a new drum. (Drum good, drum wipers are bad, toner impacted)
HP 5P #1 (Works, needs a SERIOUS cleaning job)
HP 5P #2 (Works, need new drum / toner unit & needs a SERIOUS cleaning job)

All three of these printers ARE worth investing money into them. All are only 4 pages per minute.

5) Albert was there (late w/ car issues) and one volunteer (Jackie?) My apologies, I don't remember her name.

Goose

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. **
PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. ** PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>