[frgeek-michiana] Re: Shipping costs & End of the line for Progeny Linux

  • From: "Andrew Strasser" <zarabtul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:56:55 -0500

If we need a hazmat haul done my step-dad is legal to haul hazamat.  He
hauls fuel...  If that becomes an issue let me know and I can work with himn
and you to set-up something.

Andrew

On 5/2/07, Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715030-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

We used to use a Progeny Debian mirror while we were exploring setting
up our own mirror when Debian was one of the contenders for the
Freeboxes. Now it appears that Progeny has closed up shop for good.

Also, for those not at the lab last night, we were loosing investigating
the worth of demaning monitors ourselves and then getting rid of the
glass. I working for a trucking company and worked up a rough estimate
for transportation charges (not including trailer rental).

Turns out my quote was quite close. My methods of getting there were
wrong but overall I did include all aspects of the quote so my $1000
figure would be pretty close to true assuming what I figured. My
dispatchers tell me that might even be able to work the trailer rental
as part of the overall move thus saving us the trouble of having to
source a trailer too. Trailer rental of course would raise the cost.

Overall the scenario would go like this. Grab the trailer here in
Elkhart (closet trailer terminal) run to South Bend to load, drive to
Upper Sandusky, OH for unload in afternoon. Driver drops trailer
following am back in Elkhart.

As for the hazmat issue with the tubes. I'm told that we do in fact haul
bare CRT's, TV, big screens, etc all the time.

Richard

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. **
PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it
to be in the public domain.

The archive is available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list
website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana