[frgeek-michiana] Re: Netvistas

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:04:29 -0500

What do you think? Sell at this price, or wait until the market is up? $37 seems so little for the Netvista thin client quality and what it can do. I wonder what the shipping charges were. Kingston SDRAM, 128 MB stick, costs $47.99 at Tiger Direct. Is there a compelling reason to sell the Netvistas for less than their RAM sticks cost?

I need to contact Rick Tribble re taking an inventory of the Netvistas and moving them to the Sally. If anyone wants to help us move the units, let me know.

Tom

At 01:25 PM 11/25/04 -0500, you wrote:
I pulled a list of completed auctions from eBay today:  36 units sold in
November, the average sale price was $37.71and they were all the N2800e
Ethernet version

Additionally Rick Tribble asked about the power connector on the
motherboard.  It is a  Molex 43025-0400

Netvista 2800 Links

Linux on NetVista
http://www.epinions.com/content_81405185668

IBM - NetVista N2800 (8364)
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/productpage/landingpages/productPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=15&familyind=50051&machineind=66174&validate=true

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/productpage/landingpages/productPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=13&familyind=50252&machineind=74723&validate=true

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/productpage/landingpages/productPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=13&familyind=50270&machineind=77890&validate=true

I suspect there may be some duplication in the IBM sites (they are all lists
of documentation)

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>