[frgeek-michiana] Re: NetVista 2800s going like hotcakes

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:04:48 -0500

Apparently the modems are internal, hardware controlled, jumpered, ISA bus, 33 Kbps USR Sportsters. Hopefully they will be little problem to install with VL 3.2. I will order two modems from CSO to test.

The shipping cost from Las Vegas, NV, is approximately $8.00 which effectively doubles the cost of the modems. As the order increases, the unit shipping cost deceases somewhat. If we can find a supplier in Indiana (Chesapeake Recycling or Virtual Scavengers), we will probably be better off.

There are a few internal modem pulls in the Upper Room to test.

Tom

At 12:09 PM 4/12/04 -0500, you wrote:

I'd say go order one and we'll hope for the best.