[frgeek-michiana] Re: NetVista 2800s going like hotcakes

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:00:23 -0500

If Carl doesn't have any luck with the Intel HaM modem, I will take orders for the Sportster modems at CSO. Two for $7 is an OK price. Did you calculate the shipping?

I ordered twelve (12) 32x CDROM drives at $4.99 each from PC Surplus Online. Since the order was over $45, shipping and handling was free.

http://w2.pcsurplusonline.com/viewprod.cfm?ID=1656

Since we need to pass the cost of purchases on to our volunteers and clients, volunteer credits won't apply, only cash. The next two FreeBox class computers will not have CDROM drives installed. Recipients will have to purchase the CDROMs from us at our cost if they want or need them. But volunteers can apply credits to the installation and testing of the CDROMs and modems.

Does this sound practical and fair?

I wonder if our Indiana recycler contacts (reuse and best practices committees) can supply us with low cost CDROMs and modems? Would you check with them?

Virtual Scavengers once gave us a large box full of CDROMs but most were broken or otherwise not useful upon testing.

Tom

At 02:07 PM 4/9/04 -0500, you wrote:

ISA USR 33.6k Jumperable Modems 2 for $7 plus ship.
=-)
http://www.computersurplusoutlet.com/showproduct.asp?c=11&s=54

O. Jay Schlatter
Technology Director
Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
(574) 472-7383

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Brown [mailto:tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 10:45 AM To: FreeGeek Michiana Subject: [frgeek-michiana] NetVista 2800s going like hotcakes

PC Surplus Online began selling NV 2800 EUS (Ethernet) thin clients one month ago at $109 each plus shipping. They had over a 100 of them. Sold out.

http://w2.pcsurplusonline.com/viewprod.cfm?ID=3435

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list
website at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>