[frgeek-michiana] Re: Microsoft's training materials teach Best Buy employees how to trash Linux

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:59:33 -0400

Microsoft Hyper-V drivers, released in July, are in the 2.6.32 kernel but
Microsoft engineers have disappeared and don't answer Greg Kroah-Hartman's
emails. GKH will take the drivers out of 2.6.33 if Microsoft doesn't start
answering the phone.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzUxOQ

Red Hat accuses MS of attempting to sell patents - which MS characterizes as
damaging to Linux - to patent trolls with instructions on how to use them
against Linux. MS was foiled by the Open Invention Network. And outed by the
Wall Street Journal, no less.

http://press.redhat.com/2009/09/09/microsoft-and-patent-trolls/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125236988735891147.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Linux Foundation also accuses MS of secretly attacking Linux while their
public face is all about interoperability.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2009/09/protecting-li
nux-microsoft-yes-microsoft-got-caught

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/09/linux-foundation-to-microsof
t-stop-secretly-attacking-linux.ars

Don't forget MS resurrected XP for the explosive netbook market because
Linux p0wned it. MS forced manufacturers to limit the hardware on netbooks
to protect erosion in the laptop market which is a MS cash cow. XP netbooks
are returned at a higher rate than Linux netbooks because XP disappoints on
limited hardware.

Then there is the "Why Microsoft is better than Linux" propaganda for the
Windows 7 rollout which Chuq posts below.

I think I see a pattern. Hold on now... It's a bit foggy. Something inchoate
yet oddly familiar is emerging.

Tom

  _____