[frgeek-michiana] MAI dot matrix printers

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:17:17 -0500

I hope the two MAI Basic printers - huge, heavy duty dot matrix printers - were not wrapped up Thursday night. A company in Reno, NV, needs to replace the print head in an old MAI Basic printer. They were unable to find a replacement print head and began searching on Google, came across our listserv and looked up my phone on our web site.

I have no idea what to charge for one or two MAI print heads. They are no longer manufactured. Commercial inventories are exhausted. We need to test the printers and decide on cost, including handling and shipping, before I call them back. They may want entire printer(s) for parts.

According to one web site, the MAI Basic Four is a rebranded Printronix P300. Another site purports to sell P300's for $595 each. A third site sells P300's for $650.

http://aplawrence.com/Lighter/printer_haikus.html
http://www.minnesotacomputers.com/printers.aspx?productid=P300&mfg=Printronix
http://www.printersandterminals.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=PXP300