[frgeek-michiana] Re: LPI prep labs

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:09:44 -0500

I could sure use the help.  After this week I will have more time available.

A lot of people talk about the A+ Certification.  I am not to crazy about it
since it requires you to know some things about Windows.  Has anyone in FGM
taken the A+ cert?

I have checked out places that offer A+ cert classes, and not a one of them
seems to come in at under 2k.  I think they are crazy.  You do usually get to
build a nice fast computer.  I have a friend who took one of these courses,
and he told me that the large majority of the class probably were not
planning on taking the test, but just wanted to get some general computer
trainning. And a computer.

Also these places offer the LPI test, but they do not offer an expensive
course like they do for the A+ test.

JohnGnuB