[frgeek-michiana] FreeBox class, Sat. June 20, instead of FGMLUG

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Yendes <kevin.yendes@xxxxxxxxx>, Chuq Jackels <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:45:55 -0400

I want to give the next FGMLUG meeting on Saturday, June 20, to the FreeBox class. Kevin and Chuq have requested a larger room, and the Dickinson Room is ideal for FreeBox classes. The change also gives Mark a firm date to begin recruiting for the next FreeBox. I will inform the library of the change and book the room earlier since the FreeBox classes run 3 hours (9:00 AM - 12:00 noon).

The board/council voted to schedule two FGMLUG meetings June thru August. So far, Fr. Robert, Mike and I are the only ones who attend the FGMLUG meetings. I think we can safely donate one of the two monthly summer FGMLUG meetings to the FreeBox team.

A related issue: Do we want to keep FreeBox classes on Saturday mornings or switch to Wednesday evenings?