[frgeek-michiana] Re: Donation questions

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:29:22 -0500 (EST)

In most cases I wouldn't downgrade. Maybe in an extreme case like a 733 MHz PIII with 2G memory, a 1 TB hardware RAID.5 and a blu-ray burner. In that case we could probably make better use of the parts elsewhere (...like on my machine ;-).

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:13:35 -0500
From: mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have any problem with you picking up some parts to complete these systems.
The recommended (by me, we have no official spec) minimum specs are:
# 1 GHz x86 processor
# 512MB of system memory (RAM)
# 15 GB of disk space (5 for OS files; 10 for /home directory)
<snip></snip>

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. ** PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain. Email addresses are removed from the archive but other items included in the body of the email will be shown. To visit the main website for Free Geek Michiana go to http://www.freegeekmichiana.org To post to the list send email to frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The archive is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/ You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. ** PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain. Email addresses are removed from the archive but other items included in the body of the email will be shown. To visit the main website for Free Geek Michiana go to http://www.freegeekmichiana.org To post to the list send email to frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx The archive is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/ You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana