[frgeek-michiana] Dell PowerVault 120 Auto Tape Loader (DLT7000)-Goose

  • From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

Goose, I tested the Dell PowerVault 120 tape machine, the one with the
40 GB tapes; it works, however could not access anything on the tapes
themselves, either in Linux or Windows. Couldn't figure that out, so I'll leave
that up to you, but
the thing works. It holds 7 tapes total, 5 front accessible slots, two inside
the machine (load from slots 1 and 2). There was also a cleaning tape in the
machine as well. It also has one actual tape drive, but judging by the setup,
it could have had two. I've also set aside a SCSI card and cable for the
machine.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."