[frgeek-michiana] Re: Decision

  • From: john jones <rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:01:45 -0700 (PDT)

That would be awsome if we can do thursdays theres just to much work to only
have 1 day a week and a few hours it would take forever at that rate, and i
dont think we have forever to get it up and running. I even think 6 is to late
in the evening to start.. 4 sounds alot better but thats up to yall........

From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 4:05 PM

While we were inspecting the SBWD site, the board informally discussed
improvements we might make. Most of the investment will be in soap and

paint to begin with. We may build or buy shelving. We may build
workbenches and add lighting fixtures
 to the workbenches. The
workbenches and shelving will be portable so, if we go elsewhere, the
improvements travel with us.

Dale is going to build a cantenna so we can try to obtain Internet
access from the RBHS office across the street. If that doesn't work,

Mike has a parabolic dish antenna to try. If our attempts to piggyback
on RBHS' wireless router fail, we will need to pay for our own Internet
access.

Tom

john jones wrote:

> Is FGM still gonna invest money in fixxing the SBWD building or are

> just gonna set it up as it is since were on a 6 month trial basis?
> --- On *Fri, 10/30/09, Tom Brown /<tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

>     From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: Decision
>     To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>     Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 1:10 PM
>
>     The majority vote was to stay at SBWD for at least 6 months then
>     review our situation.
>

>     Goose will supervise the warehouse on Tuesday evenings; opening

>     and closing times are up to him. The warehouse will be open next
>     Tuesday. There will be no Thursday night sessions until we (me and
>     the board) recruit a supervisor for
 Thursdays.

>     Imre, Chuq and Phil’s retirements from warehouse work have hit us
>     hard as has suspending the FreeBox program. Completing preparation
>     for the move and finding and moving to a new warehouse have filled

>     my time recently. There are several important tasks which need
>     close attention (including completing the 501c3 application,
>     finding a site partner for the computer lab, recruiting two more

>     board members, recruiting more volunteers, planning a fund raising
>     and marketing campaign and publishing the FGM Joomla site) so I
>     won’t be supervising the warehouse for a while and that leaves us

    short handed.

>     Fr. Robert, Mike and Chuq have FGMLUG running on a regular
>     schedule and the web site is up so that project doesn’t need my
>     full attention.

>     I sent draft minutes of the board meeting to the board members to
>     review and received additions and corrections from Mike. There
>     hasn’t been time for me to make the edits and publish the minutes.

>     This is why you haven’t heard about the warehouse decision and
>     schedule.
>
>     Tom

 next week or a fgm schedule???

>     --- On *Thu, 10/29/09, john jones /<rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:
>

>     From: john jones <rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Decision
>     To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>     Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 7:43 PM
>
>     Havent seen any posts. Can anybody tell me whats goin on with the
>     move,, or what was decided at the meeting at the meeting

    Wedensday??????

>     --- On *Mon, 10/26/09, Richard Zimmerman /< csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx >/*
>     wrote:
>

>     From: Richard Zimmerman < csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx >

>     Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: Move warehouse this Saturday
>     To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     Date: Monday, October 26, 2009, 1:04 PM

>     Nope, it's all good. Everything got moved faster then expected.
>     All we have to do is vote to accept SBWD (or
 Langlab) and get busy!

>     Goose
>

>     Mike Cook wrote:
>     > ps
>     > Sorry I was a no show for the move. I have been sick since
>     Wednesday night (much better now). I was pretty sure no one else

>     wanted what I had plus I didn't think I could have contributed
>     much. If we have anything else left out at Chippewa that will fit
>     in my car I'm willing to make a run after the board meeting.

>     -- Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit
>     Mishawaka , IN
>
>     ** This list is PUBLICLY archived. **
>     PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you

    wish for it to be in the public domain.