[frgeek-michiana] Colo server update

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:33:32 -0400

Ok, per the conversation at the warehouse last night, parts are ordered for the server. $201.00 shipped.

Memory: 2x1g PC3200 DDR Ram
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2430654&sku=T555-5004

I went with Transend because they are listed as a 'blessed' vendor according to the Asus manual.

Hard Drives: 2x 400gb IBM Deskstar
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3554368&sku=THD-400H3

Trust me, NOT my first choice but about the only choice if we wanted to use ATA-133 that the motherboard supports. I did a fairly extensive search and this series of Deskstar's don't have the failure problems of it's Deskstar predecessors and are getting good reviews from the end users.

So assuming they deliver everything tomorrow (Thursday) I'll be installing the hardware and testing everything.

Goose