[freeroleplay] orcs 0.01 - was Re: Vanilla Fantasy Worlds

  • From: Bryce Harrington <bryce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, James Jensen wrote:
> This will be a problem for me at first, but once the user and
> contributor base gets going, not everyone will have to work on it all
> the time. I don't intend to spend the rest of my life working on and
> playing just one world.
>
> And now that I can't back down without looking like someone who's all
> talk and no action, I'd better stop yapping and start working.
>
> -J. Jensen

Hey, very good point!  Here's my contribution:

   http://www.bryceharrington.com/Circe/orcs-0.01.tar.gz

This is a general purpose orc 'module' that can be used in any fantasy
game world.  No game stats are provided, on the assumption that most
rule systems will already have a suitable set of stats for 'orc'.  This
provides some meat to orc background, including society, sexuality,
description, and several sample orc tribes including graphics of each
tribe's banner.  There's also a glossary of the "Lowspeak" language,
with some sample phrases.

Bryce