[freeroleplay] Re: orcs 0.01 - was Re: Vanilla Fantasy Worlds

  • From: James Jensen <cheeb2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:04:40 -0500

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Hey, very good point!  Here's my contribution:
>
>    http://www.bryceharrington.com/Circe/orcs-0.01.tar.gz
>
> This is a general purpose orc 'module' that can be used in any fantasy
> game world.  No game stats are provided, on the assumption that most
> rule systems will already have a suitable set of stats for 'orc'.  This
> provides some meat to orc background, including society, sexuality,
> description, and several sample orc tribes including graphics of each
> tribe's banner.  There's also a glossary of the "Lowspeak" language,
> with some sample phrases.
>
> Bryce

Thanks! This is some pretty good stuff.

I've stitched together the introduction and society segments (with some
minor editing) to make a Monster Manual-style entry, which will be
included in what I call the "CoreDocs" package.

How much more detailed do you intend on making this? It looks like it
could make a good book (or part of one), although definitely not one for
audiences of all ages.

In a few days, I should have an alpha version of the CoreDocs package
for my setting (which I'm currently calling the World of Zaenar) out.

BTW, who did the orc warrior picture? Two names are credited in the
package for all pictures, but it doesn't name who did which pictures.

Thanks for all of your support, guys.

--
-J. Jensen

The above information has been deemed highly sensitive, especially to
bright light and harsh abrasives. Use with caution, at your own risk,
and never in combination with a blow-dryer.