[freeroleplay] Re: [licensing] FSF

  • From: "Jerry Stratton" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:16:24 -0800 (PST)

> I especially liked the Plone content management system they are using to
> publish their site and I'm thinking of using it for the FRPGC site.

Yes, Plone looks very interesting.

> about consideration for non-software works covered by the GPL 3. If
> anyone has anything to mention let me know and I'll post a draft message
> here before I contact them.

My main concerns about any license are:

1. It should be easily understandable by the people who will be making use
of the work.
2. Brevity is very useful for the part that must be included with all
documents.
3. Since it works on copyright, and since different kinds of copyrightable
things often interact (i.e., rpg to computer game or software to manual),
the license ought to be inclusive to all kinds of media: fiction,
software, manuals, role-playing games, without having to "assume that
where it says software, it really means blah blah blah".

Jerry
--
http://www.ItIsntMurder.com/
"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and