[freeroleplay] Re: Super Hero RPGs

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:27:21 +0100

On Monday 22 September 2003 16:05, James Jensen wrote:

> The basic mechanics are diceless, and are built around red and white
> stones that you move around on your character sheet (known as a
> Character Action Display, or "CAD" for short). The most basic rule is
> that three red stones equals one white stone.

Does this actually give any advantage over dice? Are the stones
actual physical tokens which regularly move about the character
sheet, or are they like the 'pips' in Storyteller which are just
another (slower) way of writing down a number?

We normally lounge around on sofas while roleplaying, and having
to keep the character sheets flat whilst marking things with tokens
would be somewhat hard.

> Time is measured in Pages and Panels.

Presumably to represent a comic book layout.

Anyway, a good review.

--
Sam.                                         http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/