[freelists-users] Re: rejecting pending subscribers

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:53:19 -0600 (MDT)

On May 26, the keyboard of Ken Haverly emitted this:

>Am I missing something?  When I've gotten this message involving
>people attempting to subscribe to the closed list, I've simply
>ignored it.  The intro text file for the list explains that the
>list is closed. Do attempts to subscribe need to be specifically
>rejected, or even responded to?

Well, yes. On one of my lists, I'm the only moderator, so if I don't
want to approve a subscription, I can just let it sit until it
expires.

But on another list, I have a co-moderator, and if I don't approve
the subscription, he will, and I often can't get the word to him in
time before he does. In short, I don't seem to have a way to
_actively_ decline a subscription.

I've tried "wasting" the moderator cookie so that it can't be used
again, but that has no effect.

  -=Brian L. Johnson,  www.blj8.com=-
        9242 links at blj8.com!