[freelists-users] Re: Question on attachments

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:46:26 -0500

> Got a question and I merely need confirmation to respond to
> a subscriber who claims that my newsletter today contained a
> virus.
>
> I have the settings for my list:
>
> ticked = humanise-mime
> ticked = rabid-mime
>
> Am I correct in thinking that those settings would strip any
> attachment, including a virus, if I'd had one?

Yes, assuming it was an attachment-based virus and not some javascript
attack.  (You should turn off HTML messages too with humanize-html = on).
Since it's a newsletter though, you've probably just got a mis-informed
user.

> not ticked = unmime-quiet
>
> ... and that would tell me about it if it had stripped
> something?

Yeah, Listar will print out a couple lines telling you what it stripped if
this is turned on.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA