[freelists-users] Re: Boucing messages for non-subscribers

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:59:13 -0500

> In my list (lista-archiclube) I keep receiving bounce reports for a
> couple of users who are not subscribers. Why this happens? How can I
> remove them, if they are not subscribers??
> The first report is as follows (the "xxx" and [...] are my addition):

It typically means that you've got subscribers who are using a mail
forwarding service to send mail from the list to some other account and
that endpoint account is bouncing.

You can sometimes look at the headers of the message to find out where it
travelled before bouncing and make a guess as to which subscriber is
actually generating the bounce.  Other than that though, there is actually
little you can do to find out who is at fault.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# MailandFiles.com: Your mail, your files: http://www.mailandfiles.com