[freefalcon-developers] Re: Introduction of myself as new subscriber on the dev-list

  • From: Mark Tigelaar <m_tigelaar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Meyer <freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:44:05 +0000

Hi Peter, Well, some of it is in the 'sim' - part of the code (although that is
in 2D, but basic inputs, as the viewport used, colorcodes etc are in there).
Yep, obvious :-) no worries, I'll get solved! Regards,Mark
 Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:37:46 +0100
From: pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx
To: freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freefalcon-developers] Re: Introduction of myself as new subscriber
on the dev-list

    Hi Mark,

      I think the HUD things are implemented in the Displays Subproject.

      But ufortently our FFViper.exe from the now uptodate Sourcecode
      has a

      Startupbug. So we have to solve this first.

      Peter

      Am 18.01.2013 11:04, schrieb Mark Tigelaar:

        Hi Peter,

        Thanks for your reply! To be honest: the subscription process
        was a bit 'misty' :-) but nevermind, it was succesful after all!

        Ok, I will elaborate further on this topic in the coming
        period,  but I have special interest in the HUD.

        The headsup display is generated by the collimiter mounted
        underneath the HUD-glass (of course). In game however, the
        symbology is projected in a square black box, that can be used
        in game because of the color bleding option (black is filtered
        out, so just the green (symbology) remains).

        There may or may not be a filter in place to 'cut off' the
        symbology to give it it's rounded shape/view in game.

        When looking at the HUD, e.g. with TIR, this green area/circle
        is static, and not as IRL dynamic. In BMS I designed it to get
        as close as possible, but without coding options, that is as
        good as it gets. So, to get the whole hud experience to a next
        level, it need to be rewritten/redesigned. That is what I'd like
        te sink my teeth in.

        Also, I have a broad interest in various topics, so allmost
        anything can attract my attention :-) but to get focussed: this
        is what I picked :)

        Ok, that's it for now. Hope I am being clear about my intentions
        / goals

        Regards,

        Mark

          Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:45:01 +0100

          From: pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx

          To: freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          Subject: [freefalcon-developers] Re: Introduction of myself as
          new subscriber on the dev-list

          Hi Mark,

            and welcome on the developer list. You have done anything
            right.

            If you read this, just click reply thadts all.

            ps: Tell us a bit about your Ideads for FreeFalcon

            Greetings Peter.

            Am 18.01.2013 10:41, schrieb Mark Tigelaar:

             Hi all,

              After contacting Peter on possibilities for future work on
              the amazing FreeFalcon version of F4, he pointed me in the
              direction of the freelists.org where freefalcon-developers
              is the list for the dev-team. At least I hope I understood
              this correct.

              I did subscribe on the freelists.org but , probably
              because of having no rights to see anything, I found noone
              to get in touch with, or to introduce myself.

              So, I hope I can get this sorted with this email.

              Hope to hear from you guys soon (with instructions what
              the following steps are)

              High regards,

              Mark