Unusual Nib Problem

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:14:34 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am puzzled by an unusual nib problem on one of my pens. It is smooth
in general, but when drawing diagonal lines from bottom right to top
left of a page it feels quite rough! Going in the reverse direction,
i.e. from top left to bottom right it is just fine, fairly smooth.
Also, when drawing a horizontal straight line from  left to right it
is OK, but going straight from right to left it feels just a tiny bit
rough, though not as rough as the bottom right to top left diagonal
lines.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this problem? I looked at the
tines and they look even, not mis-aligned.

When writing, the nib feels OK in use but gives the impression of
being 'toothy' and almost, but not quite, scratchy  sometimes.

Thanks in advance for your help.
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.