Re: Things that make you sad

  • From: ETM <ETMaddox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:26:49 -0500

I want to thank the kind people, you all know who
you are, who helped me behind list.  You all made
me go find my copy of Frank Dubiel's book, you
made me open up a Schrade 3 inch pen knife though
I think a thinner blade (are they even available)
might have been easier for me to work with, and
you gave me the courage to attempt (not entirely
successful) to put that blade between the tines.
However, I did manage to gently work the tip of
the blade in the air hole and pressured toward the
tines and believe that resulted in allowing more
ink to flow to the tip. Whatever, the pen is
writing wetter and I am happier at this point.  If
I need to widen the tines near the air hole, I
think I might try a book dart next time and if
that doesn't work, the pen is going to someone
who knows how to do this stuff <smile>.

What I am really grateful for is the list, the
back list conversations, meeting up with those who
are willing to share time, knowledge and offer
hands-on help, and enjoying good conversation with
a seller, and now the ultimate for all pen
collectors, waiting the arrival of a new pen, need
I mention that it is a broad nib? <smile>

Now, assuming I am willing to try to switch those
nibs -- is that Platinum 3776 a one-piece nib and
feed assembly, or do the nib and feed come apart
when removed from the section?

Thanks again.

Elaine

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.