Thanks to Steve and Maryann for a nice NY/NJ pen show.

  • From: "isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:48:38 +0000

Just about recovered from the show and still in midst of vacation travels (not complaining).

Figured would use this quiet moment to post a thank-you to Steve and Maryann for a grand NYC Show.

I arrived with modest expectations but had one of my best buying shows ever. Sold a pile of pens too, which never hurts.  Enjoyed evening chat with the pen crowd and picked up my Parker Vacumatic 1930's floor case from Gary, who let me borrow his van even, to drive the thing down to my folks' home in south-central NJ.

My happiest find with that uncatalogued orange celluloid flat-top Sheaffer with chrome trim, which goes right into my pen collection.

Had chance to meet for first time some familiar names from the pen lists.

  Hotel food was of limited menu and tad pricey but tasty.

  I do look forward to next year's show.

  regards

  david