Some pens for sale

  • From: "James Partridge" <James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pens@xxxxxxxx>, <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 06:22:38 -0400

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've posted pens for sale and, after the recent
discussion I'm a little reluctant to do so; however, I still find Zoss to be
an excellent marketplace as well as a source of information on all things
pen-ish.  And it is a forum I've been proud to support in the past, so
perhaps I'm being overly sensitive. In any event, I'm trying to make some
room in my desk drawer, so I'm offering up a few pens from my personal
accumulation, as well as a couple of interesting "51s".  All have been
well-loved, used gently and thoroughly cleaned.

1. Sailor 1911 in black with gold trim. This is the full-size version and
has a gorgeous music nib. Unfortunately, in the corporate world, I find I
sign my name less and less, so this pen does not see much use any more. It's
only a few months old. $170.00.  Looks new.

2. Lamy Accent - matte black with aluminum grip. Very smooth Steel fine nib.
Like many Lamys of it's ilk, it writes a wider-than-stated line - more like
a medium to medium-fine. MSRP is $80.00. I'll take $50.00.  Looks new.

 Reduced: 50% of original size [ 1015 x 153 ] - Click to view full image

3. Pelikan M200 - Amber demonstrator with steel nib, converted to a broad
stub by Richard Binder. $70.00.

4. Omas Emotica - Yellow, medium nib. $220.00 (that's nearly half off the
$395 retail price, folks!)  I got this one in April, just before the New
England Pen Show, and have run two converters and one cartridge full of ink
through it. The only issue is that the pen does show a little bit of
staining on the inside of the cap (as if anyone ever sees that part of the
pen), but externally the pen looks new, and it writes wonderfully.

5 & 6.  I recently acquired two aerometric Parker 51s in excellent
condition. What makes these two pens really special, however, is the nib.
Greg Minuskin, an ascendant Nibmeister, has painstakingly re-tipped these
nibs into 1.6mm nibs. Photos are below.

The first pen is the jewel of the pair. It is blue, with a lustraloy cap.
The cap appears to be in excellent condition, with few, if any, signs of
wear or scratches. The clip is tight, bright and clean, and the jewel on the
cap still seems to shimmer. Inside, the silicone sac is still clear and
supple. This pen has obviously been lovingly cared for and restored. Of
course, the thing that sets this pen apart from the other "51s" out there is
the nib. Greg has created an unusual 1.6 mm ball nib that would make either
a fantastic signature pen, or one heck of a highlighter. I'd like $180,
including US Priority Mail shipping anywhere in the US.

The second pen, while still in excellent condition, shows just a little wear
on the cap. This one is black and the nib is no less the equal of the blue
pen. It too possesses a 1.6mm ball nib. The purchase price of $165.00 also
includes Priority Mail shipping in the U.S.

 Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

 Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

Usual rules apply - the first "I want it" gets the pen; Paypal accepted,
cash-based PayPal strongly preferred over the credit/debit kind. In a pinch,
I can take a credit card. Unless otherwise stated, shipping is an additional
$6.00 via USPS priority mail, and multiple orders can be combined for
reduced shipping charges.  Due to the recent increase in global shipping
rates, international customers, please add $15.00 for shipping. Feel free to
email me with any questions. Insurance is available at an extra charge, but
is not included in the listed price, so if you want it, please ask.

James Partridge

The Pear Tree Pen Company

www.PearTreePens.com

PearTreePens.blogspot.com