PIC: More "51" Eyecandy. Some recent finds.

  • From: "isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:46:25 +0000

  Hi,

Figured time for some more vintage pen eyecandy, although this is still in the "rough" phase. A bit of show-and-kvell (to coin- or pen- a phrase).

Have had good luck hunting Parker 51's the last few months.

Couple months ago, i posted image of this wee hoard o' pens: mostly clean Aeros  with a run of Double Jewel Vacs and some Flighters/Signets at bottom.

http://vacumania.com/penteech/parker51spreadjulycompressed.jpg

Then of course came the hoard that Zorn and I grabbed near end of July. Some nice DJ Pens (one green), etc...

http://vacumania.com/penteech/parker51hoardcompressed.jpg

Well, the last month has been not so bad either.  Added another 60 or so "51" pens to the pile. I had time to shoot only about 1/2 the pile, though this is... the better half. Lots of metal end jewels (if ya know what I mean), an uncatalogued color, and one killer cap (with lots of other up-cachet caps of course). So, here is view of what's out there if one looks hard enough.  Of course this shot show the raw pens. Most are clean. Tarnish will vanish (Tarnish is easy. Brassing not so easy). Pens will be restored and cleaned up nicely.

Your monitor probably will shrink this big image to fit page. If so, hit the magnifier when drawing cursor on image.

  http://vacumania.com/penteech/parker51spreadhoriz700.jpg

Thanks for peeking

-david