Inexpensive Vintage Fountain Pens -Price Reductions-UPDATE

  • From: "Steve" <pens-n-things@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'zoss pens'" <Pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:10:05 -0500

I have several vintage pens for sale. All are in working
order. This means the filler mechanisms have be repaired and
the pens write tested. If you don't like the price,
negotiate. I think the prices are fair, but I'm open to
offers, trades, etc.

I stil have four packages of 8 Waterman CF cartridges in
blue-black for sale at $15.00 each plus $2.00 for one or two
packages shipped via First Class Mail in a padded envelope.
If you also get Charles Draper's kit for refilling cartidges
(cwdra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) you will be set for a long time.

1. Rex fountain pen: Black with steel cap. Nib reads
"Warrented Wing Flow" and is steel in a fine point. The pen
has an aerometric filler with a white rubber sac that is
still pliable. The pen is one of several that were sold to
me as NOS. Some of the others had chalk marks. This one does
not, nor can I find any sign of previous use. (A+)  Was
$25.00, now $22.00.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7928/dscn02610vr.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/967/dscn02605ga.jpg

2. SOLD

3. Wearever with WIDE band. I won two of these that have the
gold plate worn off the band. The go with me to Skyline
Drive (highway on the ridge of the Appalacians in Virginia)
to write songs and poetry and the like. Mine are good daily
writers, but too beat up to sell. This one look good and
should perform as well. The metal parts has some small
scratches and the plastic shows some signs of use but the
pen is in good shape (B). The pen has a new sac and is ready
to write. Was $25.00, now $22.00.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4576/dscn02572ec.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3247/dscn02560ji.jpg

4. Banker fountain pen: This celluloid pen has a beautiful
swirled coffee and cream color. The trim is gold plated. The
nib is steel and reads "BOWL POINT GOLD PLATE" but the
plating is long gone. The pen has a fresh sac and fills and
writes properly. I write with the pen at a low angle to the
paper an the nib is quite smooth at that angle, but has a
bit of a tooth in more vertical positions. Was $25.00, now
$22.00.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/698/dscn02550je.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2322/dscn02544kn.jpg

5. SOLD

6. Wearever President fountain pen: This pen has burgundy
metallic plastic for the barrel and a brushed aluminum cap
with gold plated clip. This one has Wearever's answer to a
"hooded nib" (you'll have to look at the photo to
understand). The barrel has repaired crack at the section.
The cap has several dings and scratches but is in better
shape than most of these pens I see. The pen has a fresh sac
and fills and writes properly. The nib is a fine to
extra-fine. Was $15.00, now $10.00.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5307/dscn02516qn.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6295/dscn02503my.jpg

7. __ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT___Esterbrook fountain pen. This
is the long thin model with two jewels. The pen is black. It
has been resaced and is ready to write. The nib is a 2556.
Was $20.00, now $15.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5760/dscn02491pe.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2108/dscn02486pq.jpg

8. Wearever pen in orange and black. I don't know the name
of this pen. It is bright orange with black groove where a
cap band would be. It has gold plated clip and lever which
are brassed. The pens has black end pieces to the cap and
barrel. It has a new sac. The nib is marked "Stainless".
This pen is harder to find that most of the other Wearevers.
Was $40.00, now $35.00
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3673/dscn02450am.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3646/dscn02444vs.jpg

Thanks.

I invite you to check my eBay ratings under pens-n-things.

I accept Paypal, money orders, checks, and cash. If you want
to pay some other way, we can discuss it.

I ship Priority Mail with delivery confirmation in the USA.
Outside the USA, ask for shipping options. If you want less
expensive mailing in the USA, there is a fee of $1.00 for
non-priority mail shipments to pay for supplies that are
free with Priorty Mail.

Steve
Pens-n-things@xxxxxxxxxxx (Paypal address)
parkernut@xxxxxxxxx

Ebay ID pens-n-things

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.