FS: Waterman N&D rmhr ed, Waterman Shagree, Omas Lucens, Aurora, MB's

  • From: "coffe" <coffe_cup@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pens@xxxxxxxx>, <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:55:21 +0200

Good Day Penlovers,

I have to find new homes for few hard to find pens (and also HTG - hard to go). They are from my private collection. They are for sale, so please no trade offers this time.

Shipping Worldwide via Registered Priority Air Mail - $10/7.50 Eur. Payment via PayPal or Bank Transfer.

I've tried to take as much accurate photos as possible - if you need more or need more information please ask. All pens are in working order!

1. Waterman 14 RMHR Night & Day sterling overlay eyedropper c.1910-1915, boxed

I disscused this pen with Michael Fultz and David Nishimura about 2 years ago. This is really exceptional example of NightAndDay overlay since it's an eyedropper, not safety or lever filler. According to David Nishimura it's very likely it's original american export version for French market (Michael thought it's rather custom overlay since as he said, he saw n&d overlay on eyedropper only once in his life) - there is French slide clip and very small, correct (according to Tardy's sterling marks) French import mark of Minerva's head. The pen is Waterman's 14 eyedropper with visible number on the bottom and oryginal #4 flexible nib. Leather box is rather not oryginal but I got this pen with it and the pen looks fantastic on the red background.

Condition: pen as you can see is discolored a bit; overlay is in great condition without personalization - there is only one small not even ding but kind of bend on barrel's overlay; also a hair crack on the lip of the cap which however doesn't "work" when pen is capped or posted.

Price: make me an offer

Pictures:

http://i27.tinypic.com/28sxaxj.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2e49oir.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/1060euu.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2v2jrra.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/s24nme.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/28wj62h.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/15hlso0.jpg

2. Waterman 52 Shagreen lever filler in box, c.1926

Shagreen is one of the rarest Waterman's later overlays, made only in England exclusively for Asprey. However this pen is different from those examples I saw in books since it's not the slimer version (52 1/2) with gf covered end, but regular 53 bhr. The pen has not a clip, never had one. It's standard lever filler with correct and original #2 flexible nib. I don't know if the box is correct for this pen, there is no Asprey's mark on it, but it's wonderful in greenish color.

Condition: since I never see another Shagreen in real I am not sure whether the skin is slightly discolored or not - it's in wonderful green-grey color, not much intensive but recognized at once. As you can see from pictures bhr is discolored and there is no number visible on the bottom. The cap screws and unscrews properly. No cracks, dings, teeth marks.

Price: make me an offer

Pictures:
http://i25.tinypic.com/9v8j1j.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/157m9h2.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/5rayc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/ip8snt.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/317bhon.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/szhrfq.jpg

3. Omas Lucens black with transparent barrel (spiral lines), desk set, c.1937

Wonderful example of Italian Omas design with redish "all-the-barrel" redish window with spiral black lines. Piston filler. The pen is 19,5 cm (7.67 inches). The base in glossy black - probably made of glass - dimensions (10x10x2 cm, 4x4x0.8 inches) with bhr trumpet. There is no maker's mark on it and since I have never seen Omas' desk set from this period, I cannot guarantee it's original to the pen. I got pen and base as a set. Original Omas, flexible nib.

Condition: the pen is in great condition, imprint is crisp, no cracks, marks, dings and dents. The base has two damages on two corners (pictured).

Price: make me an offer

Pictures:

http://i28.tinypic.com/33mc4li.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2wgapth.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2w2ptlu.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2dsmrfr.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/5v68ac.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2ec2jba.jpg

4a. Aurora International Blue&Bronze, back lever filler, c.1936

Just stunning! With big and wonderful #5 original nib (model 45), wet and flexible. Big pen (not very long uncapped, but very "nice" in diameter - see pictures).

Condition: stunnig apart from one point - the section which had teeth long and quite deep marks - she haven't them right now, but you can see lighter lines in closer inspection. Someone has also obiously problems with taking her apart, so while she sits in the barrel tight, there is some small distance between them (which probably may be corrected).

Price: make me an offer

4b. Montblanc Meisterstuck 136G, piston filler, c.1945

Transitional version with short cap top. Wonderfull, glossy black celluloid, with correct clip but unfortunatelly not correct nib (Parker Duofold Sr).

Condition: very good, crisp imprints, no cracks, dings, teethmarks, cap screws and unscrews properly ... only the nib:(

Price: 350 EUR / $445

4c. Montbanc Meisterstuck 144G with M O.K. flexible nib, green striated, c.50's

What can I say - this model doesn't need to be advertised. One of the most beautiful Meisterstucks.

Condition: slightly discolored to the amber (not all, only areas), no dings, marks, cracks, some odds on gf clip but without gold abrasion.

Price: make me an offer

Pictures of 3 above:

http://i26.tinypic.com/df7wxh.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2s66djd.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2nqy7he.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/jf93jn.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/f2tous.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2pq2xck.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/2aioggz.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/nq4suw.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/70eyp0.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/15ds9w.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/ei5auq.jpg

Thank you very much in advance.

Take care,

Marta

Ps. 5% donate to Tom from this sale.

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions
to complete the process.