Chilton Long Island Pens

  • From: DDobrjansk@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 00:53:22 EST

Being that I live on Long Island (Queens and Brooklyn are where NYC meets
Long Island) I have become interested in the Chilton Long Island Pen.

Can someone give me a short course in this pen? What makes it special? Why
is it commanding high prices (I was quoted $800 for one in not-so-great
shape,  which I found a bit too rich)? And can one be had in decent shape
(visible  imprint, modest brasing and working feed and filling system - because
choose  to use my pens whenever possible) for $200.00 to $300.00?

Any information and education would be appreciated.

Advanced thanks for all help given.

Regards,

- Dan D.