Re: [foxboro] /usr/fox/wp/data/wp51_cmds

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:02:39 -0400

Stan,

The wp51_cmds will run for all display managers on this station whether remote
or local.

As Alex and others have stated, you can select a View_Only type of display
manager for floating or assigned display managers in the dmcfg file and when
started, the display manager will have the omsets disabled. Any environment
change or command line (pref) can enable omsets on this display manager. Some
users have a inactivity timeout so that with no keyboard or mouse activity for
x minutes, the environment is changed back to Initial where omsets are
disabled. If you select an Inital Display with zero connections, then all om
connections should be released for this display manager.

The key thing is that you need to prevent someone without a valid password
environment like the engineers environment from accidentally changing this
(View_Only) display manager back to omsets capability. The right-mouse click in
FoxView has some selections that need to be deleted from environments where
omsets are disabled. There may be others such as the command or cmd prompt in
Windows. You need to pick everything in the protected environment to ensure
that there is no link to enabling omsets.

The VT-100 selection has different properties depending on where it is called
from. For example, directly on the AW51 when you select VT100 local, you get
certain Unix variables  but when you are connected via Exceed on a PC and you
select VT100 local, you do not get the same Unix variables as directly on the
AW51. So when directly on an AW51 in VT100 you may run progams that work as you
intended but if you try to run the same program while sitting in front of a PC
and Exceed connection to the AW51 VT100, the program may not work.

Terry