Re: [foxboro] save_all, iccprt accessing online CPs

  • From: "Deen, Ron" <ron.deen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:07:06 -0500

Andreas,

I agree that it is somewhat strange that you will have to have a CP on-line
to do a save_all. However, historically you would have to enter the ICC to
choose the save_all function from the dropdown menu. My guess is that it is
a legacy thing. The icc_driver task still needs to go "into" the CP to
select the save_all function.

An ordinary save_All does not make changes to your database though.
You "open" the CP and "close" the session afterwards, this will show on the
system printer but no changes are made to the database along the way. It is
blocked during the "save_all" period however.

Not really an answer maybe, but I had some time on my hands...

Ron Deen
Business Development Manager
Invensys Systems N.V.
Baarnsche dijk 10, 3741 LS Baarn, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)35 54 84 233 M +31 (0)6 53963616 F: +31 (0)35 54 84 175

Ron.Deen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / www.invensys-systems.nl

Avantis * Eurotherm * Foxboro * SimSci * Triconex * Wonderware