Re: [foxboro] monitor question

  • From: Duc M Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:44:52 -0400

At 09:21 AM 6/7/02 +1000, Goldie, Shaun S wrote:

 >I am interested in any users that have had LCD's in service
 >for more than a couple of years or have experienced any failures
 >they may have

We bought 12 of the Foxboro-branded flat screens about two years ago
and out of those, two have failed. One failed within months of
installation. Before failing, the screen image shimmered and flickered
sporadically, which wasn't entirely correlated to heat or length of
time on or anything concrete. Like I said, it's sporadic. Then it
finally stopped cold turkey. The other one just failed three weeks ago.
We had a planned power outage over one weekend, and the screen never
did work after that. No flicker, nothing. (We powered it down before
leaving for the weekend, so it wasn't subjected the initial surge when
the power came back.)

It's certainly disappointing to have such short service life from these
screens, when one of the advantages of the LCD screens is their
supposedly longer service life than the CRTs.

We've had only a couple of months of experience with the new NEC flat
screens, but there's no problem so far.

Duc

--
Duc M. Do