Re: [foxboro] ft _get_size Error

  • From: Ron Deen <r.deen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sanjay Saraykar <sanjay.saraykar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,The Cassandra list <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:41:22 +0200

Hi Sanjay and all others,

Dear Mr Sanjay,

Unfortunately you mail to my home address. I do not have an I/A system at
home.

So this is just a try:

ft_get_size error usually indicates that the Day_0 CD does not recognize the
size of the 8.6G harddisk and as a result does not know how to
format/partition it.
The main reason for this is that the disk was not available when 6.1 was
released.
When you look at the "databases" directory (After booting from CD, I think
that where it is) check for something that matches the size of an 8.6Gig disk.
I do not have the parameters at hand to "fake" another disk size so that you
at least are able to install I/A.
In the mean time I have send you question to the mailing list. Maybe there is
a poor soul working today that can help you.;-)

Hopefully there will be another succes

Regards

Ron Deen