Re: [foxboro] foxboro Digest V8 #22

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:33:09 +0900

Rather than looking at this from the workstation side, look at it from
the block side.  What you've got is a small group of alarms in one CP
that should go to both workstation group 3 and to workstation group
17.

If you have enough free alarm devices and a free alarm group (in the
range 4-8), you could use one of those and set the alarms from this
set of blocks use the alarm group that includes both workstations in
group 3 and in group 17.

My preference for small groups of blocks which need non-standard alarm
destinations would be to use the compound level alarm groups (range
1-3) to do the same thing, rather than the station level alarm
destinations.  It's likely these shared utilities are in one or a few
specific compounds - the compound level alarm destinations may work
best anyway.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell