Re: [foxboro] foxboro Digest V8 #14

  • From: "Grace, Kathy" <kathy.grace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:11:44 -0500

The .apc file is both an input and output file for the FoxPanels
configurator. The AAtab, AApan, and horn.cfg file are output files only
(although they can be imported). When you open the configuration it is
the .apc file that gets opened.

(Aside: This also explains why if you edit your AApan or AAtab files
with a text editor, they reopened the configuration you do not see the
hand edits, and they hand edits are lost when you save).

The .apc file is also used by FoxPanels Run-Time (a.k.a. SoftPanels)
which produces screen displays of panels. It is not used no needed when
you are just using annunciator keyboards. As a matter or fact I have
seen it cause problems. I would suggest saving your configuration (.apc,
AAtab, AApan, and horn.cfg files) to a subdirectory and deleting the
.apc file from \usr\fox\alarms.

If this does not work then please answer the following (you may have
answered some of these earlier but I didn't see them):

1. What I/A release are you at?
2. Are you using Windows or Solaris workstations?
3. How many annunciator keyboards do you have configured?
4. How many annunciator assignments are made in the AAtab file?
5. Do you have the correct number of possible annunciator assignments
configured (init.usr for pre-8.0; ADMC Workstation Property Scheme,
Other tab for 8.0+). The default is 2000 assignments, but you can
configure this up to 10,000 assignments.

Kathy